Frequently asked Questions
1. What is ARE?
The Amsterdam Recruitment Event (ARE) is the two-day career event for students interested in Marketing, Consultancy, Management or Communication. ARE gives students the opportunity to meet companies by participating in workshops, recruitment lunches and presentations.
2. How can I sign up for ARE?
You can sign up here.
3. Can I go to the event without signing up for the activities?
No, please register online.
4. What are the costs of this event?
This event is €3,50 for MAA members and €6,00 for non-members. Not a member yet? You can become a member here.
5. Do I get a confirmation?
Yes, a confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hours. If you have not received a confirmation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Where can I find the general program?
7. Can I register for multiple program items?
Yes, you can register for multiple program items at the same time, if they require CV selection. We will let you know after the deadlines for which companies you have been selected.
8. When will I know if I have been selected for workshops or recruitment lunches?
No later than April 1st, you will receive an email with the workshops and/or recruitment lunch you have been selected for.
9. Where can I find my personal program?
It will be emailed to you April 3rd.
10. Which activities are with CV selection?
Participation for workshops and the recruitment lunch is based on CV selection from the corresponding companies.
11. Is it possible to register for activities without CV selection?
Yes, the presentations can be visited without CV selection, but you do need to register in order to join a presentation.
12. Is it possible to register for presentations or workshops only?
Yes, it is possible to register only for presentations, workshops, or the recruitment lunches.
13. Where can I upload my CV?
Please immediately upload your CV when you sign up. Signed up already but forgot to upload your resume? Mail it to email@example.com and clearly state the companies you are interested in.
14. When is the deadline for registration?
The deadline for the registration is March 18, 23:55.
15. How do I deregister from activities?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please keep in mind if you unsubscribe later, we will be obliged to charge a late fee of €15. If you do not unsubscribe and don’t show up at the event, we will be obliged to charge a no-show fee of €25
16. Is there a network possibility?
Yes, there will be drinks from 16.00h-17.00h with the corresponding companies. Maybe you’ll get in contact with your future employer!
17. Can I bring my CV to ARE?
Yes! You can get your resume checked by Walters People during the Network Drinks (16:00-17:00). Other companies might want your resume as well.
18. What is the dress code?
The dress code is business casual.
19. How do I get to the OBA?
At this page you’ll find out how to reach OBA by public transport, car or foot.
20. How do I get in contact with the organization of ARE?
For further questions you can contact the organization email@example.com